Are you on God’s Team?
It is great to be on a winning team, one that works hard and goes the extra mile to get the championship trophy. As a team player, it is important to learn the skills of the game, and practice in order to do well on the court or ball field.
We must learn the rules of the game and make sportsmanship a priority if we are going to succeed. All of these things are taught here at The Christian Center, but none of them is the most important lesson to be learned. Far more important than being on a winning team is being on God’s team – being a part of His family and knowing that we will spend eternity with Him. It doesn’t matter what our batting average is, how much we practice, or how good our attitude is – none of these things will earn our way into heaven.
What does matter is that we put our trust in Christ and become part of His Team by accepting the gift of salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ. Sharing this message has always been our mission at The Christian Center. It was the vision of The Christian Center’s founder and it still continues today. If you aren’t sure if you have made a decision to follow Christ and put Him first in your life, here are the steps you need to make this important decision.
- Know that God loves you and wants you to experience peace and an abundant life. He loves us so much that He sent His own Son to die for us. The Bible tells us that “God so loved the world that He gave us His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16) and “ I (Jesus) came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly” (John 10:10).
- Admit that you are a sinner and need God’s forgiveness.
Word tells us that we are made in God’s own image; however, we were also given a free will and we often choose to disobey God. This disobedience or sin in our lives results in separation from God. The Bible says “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23) and “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus or Lord” (Romans 6:23)
- Believe that Jesus Christ, God’s Son, led a sinless life, yet died on the cross for your sins, and was buried and rose from the grave. Believe that He is the ONLY one who can save you from your sins.
God’s Word says “But God demonstrates His own love for us with this: While we are sinners, Christ Died for us (Romans 5:8) and “I (Jesus) am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John14:6)
- Repent (turn away) from your sin and invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life. The Bible says “Yet to all who received Him, to those that believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12) and “That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9). Pray a simple prayer like the one below. Remember that it is the sincerity of your heart that matters most, not the exact words that you pray.
Dear Lord Jesus,
I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I want to turn away from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as Lord and Savior. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
- Tell someone about your decision.
- Read your Bible every day to get to know God and His plan for your life.
- Talk to God in prayer every day.
- Tell others about Christ.
- Find a Bible-teaching church where you can worship God and get to know Christians.
- Trust God for every detail of your life.
We at The Christian Center would be happy to answer any questions you might have, and please let us know of your decision to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.